Thursday 14 January 2021

Chocolate Pear Birthday Cake

It's time for a little trip back to the kitchen.  My Lovely Assistant celebrated a birthday recently, and you can't celebrate a birthday without a birthday cake.  No, I didn't bake her a cake.  Attempting that would have probably involved a visit from the fire department and possibly poison control as well.  For her birthday, she made a chocolate pear cake and the word 'chocolate' should probably be in bold print.  As usual, it was delicious.  The Heir Apparent isn't quite old enough to eat these creations just yet, so that meant that I got to have a double portion.  I have to take advantage of these situations while I can.  I took the first photograph from above the cake with my tripod, which was taken at f/4, 1.6sec, ISO 100 at 35mm with some flash bounced off of the ceiling.  Here are the two other photographs of the cake in all of its chocolate glory.

f/6.3, 1.6sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/4, 1.6sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

I took advantage of our Christmas tree lights to serve as a background for the other photographs.  They have sadly been put away so I'll need to find a new background for the dishes My Lovely Assistant will create for the rest of the year.  I'm sure we'll figure something out, the background isn't really what you're here to see anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment