Tuesday 9 February 2021

Crispy Sunrise

I'm kind of a little bit opposite of most people when it comes to the Winter months.  When the weatherman says that it will be terribly cold outside, instead of snuggling up under a warm blanket, I head out to take photographs.  There's something about a Winter sunrise.  There's no smog in the air, the sky just seems to be a little more deep and everything on the ground is a little extra crispy.  I had spotted this little location back in the Summer while on a walk with the family and thought it might make for a nice sunrise shot.  Luckily there hadn't been as much snow as usual this Winter so when I passed by, all of the wild brush hadn't been buried.  As a result, the sun came right up in the middle of the clearing and gave those wild branches a golden hue.  I parked the car on the side of the road and got into a little snow to my shins, but it was worth getting wet feet.  Since I'm terrible at making decisions, you get two versions of this shot.  I like the wider version at the top of the page as I wanted to get in more of the blue sky, and the second photograph I like as it highlights a little better those wild branches.  Why settle for one good photograph when you can have two?  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 35mm.  There are sure to be a few cold mornings left this Winter.  I've even already added a few other shots to the archives already.  While you're in your warm home, snug as a bug in a rug, I'll be out there shooting away and enjoying every one of those degrees below zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment