Saturday 6 February 2021

Frozen Circles

It's always a good idea to have a plan when going out to photograph something.  However, it's also important to take a moment and look around once you get there.  A few weeks back I went out on a particularly foggy morning with the idea of getting some photographs of the bridges leading to Montreal.  Feel free to visit them again, or for the first time, by following this link.  While I was waiting for the fog to be just right, I took a look to my right and noticed that the freezing fog had left a little frosting of ice on the blocks of wood that made up the road guardrail.  I took a small mental note and before packing up and leaving for the next bridge, I went back to my piece of wood, got nice and close and took the photograph.  It was taken at f/6.3, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  These little discoveries are part of what I enjoy about photography.  Something as simple as a piece of wood becomes something else with the intervention of Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment