Wednesday 24 February 2021

Purposely Out Of Focus

As previously mentioned, I often take photographs from different angles or vantage points when I'm out and about.  This follows the theme as it will be the third update that I pull out of my Valentine's Day visit to the Samuel-de-Champlain Bridge.  Speaking of which, take a minute and visit the other two photographs at this link and then this link.  While there, I had a flash back to photograph I took one year while waiting for a fireworks display to begin.  I had forgotten to adjust the focus and everything came in as colourful circles of light.  I figured why not try it again.  I threw my lens as far out of focus as possible, used a large aperture and took a long-exposure shot.  The result, shot at f/2.8, 30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, is what you see on the right.  Kind of a surreal little mix of light and lines.  Something a little different, and a fun little distraction to have fun with while you're out shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment