Saturday 20 February 2021

Musical Memories

I guess this is a bit of a bittersweet version of the Musical Memories series.  Today we revisit the concert that was headlined one year ago by The Beaches at the Théâtre Corona in Montreal and featured Fade Awaays and Goodbye Honolulu as opening acts.  It was a terrific show, but it was also my last show that I got to photograph before the world got turned upside down by the plague.  So rather than focus on the negative, lets look at the positive.  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for The Beaches.  They were the first band that I got to photograph officially.  I'm not talking about hiding in the crowd with my camera, I mean front of the stage with a pass around my neck.  Not only that, but they put on a terrific live show.  Their songs are great to start with, but they seem to just take things up that extra notch when playing live and have torn the house down both times I saw them.  This was my first time seeing Fade Awaays and I really liked their set while it was my second time seeing Goodbye Honolulu and they did a great job of getting the crowd going.  I suppose that it is kind of poetic that the very first show I got to photograph, and the very last one were of the same group, though I really hope that this little circle will be broken soon and that I'll find myself in front of another stage and other bands as soon as possible.  The first photograph, of the Fade Awaays, was taken at f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 24mm.  The second photograph, of Goodbye Honolulu, was taken at f/2.8, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 55mm.  Here are a couple more photographs of our headliners, The Beaches.


f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 3200 at 33mm

If you'd like to see the other photographs that I took at the show, you can find my Fade Awaays photographs by following this link, my Goodbye Honolulu photographs by following this link and my of photographs of The Beaches by following this link.  If you'd like to find out more about the bands, you can visit their websites by clicking the links on their respective names.  Fingers crossed, there will be some new shows in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment