Monday 15 March 2021

An Unforgotten Friend

Long time visitors to the old blog will remember that I sometimes have little strange or unique stories to go along with my photographs.  This would, I guess fall under that category.  Back before moving, I had saved a grasshopper from a spider web on our balcony.  The little guy had stuck around long enough to pose for a few pictures before taking off.  Every year afterwards, I would get visited by a grasshopper at the exact same spot.  I would jokingly say that it was the return of my friend Hoppy, back to once again thank me for saving him that day.  Yeah, it is kind of an impossible theory, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for some happy fiction.  This photograph would have been the final one that I took of my hopping friend.  The photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 60mm while using a Macro lens.  So far, there have not been any fun little insect stories at the new Head Office, but hopefully the critters will be comfortable in front of my camera one day.  I also hope that the people who are currently in our old place enjoy their annual visit from Hoppy.





No comments:

Post a Comment