Thursday 18 March 2021

I Spy With My Little Eye

Though I often get accused of being old when I mention this, I enjoy watching birds.  I think that they are colorful and very photogenic.  For me, the King of Birds has always been the cardinal.  There are some that often hang around my parents home, but I was only able to visit them twice last year and they never came out to play.  One day, my brother introduced me to this little trick of playing a YouTube video of bird calls on a phone to attract the fine feathered friend of my choice.  We put the phone on the roof of my car one day while I was visiting and sure enough, within minutes a cardinal was flying by us, landing here and there.  At one point it landed in a budding tree and seemed to be looking us over with his eye.  Wondering if there was another bird out there somewhere, or if he should grab my brothers phone and fly off with it for us having bothered him.  Thankfully, the phone survived.  The photograph was taken at f/8, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Never one to give up, I'll be out on the porch again this year.  Maybe the birds will be more used to me after a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment