Wednesday 3 March 2021

Musical Memories

We're rapidly reaching the point where I am running out of musical memories.  At this point last year the concept of 'Musical Memories' wasn't really planned.  Rather than thinking of musical memories, I was excitedly thumbing through the concert listings, trying to line up shows.  It wasn't meant to be though, so it's back to the past we go.  This time we're returning to the Théâtre Corona in Montreal where The Picturebooks were opening for Canadian rockers, Monster Truck.  As usual, I showed up nice and early to get a spot at the front of the stage and began clicking away.  It was the first time I had heard of The Picturebooks, a hard rocking duo from Germany.  I don't know how many others in the crowd were seeing them for the first time, but they had made a room full of fans by the end of their set.  Up next was Monster Truck and they proceeded to tear the venue down with their full throttle, high energy rockers.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 3200 at 48mm.  Here are a couple more shots from the evening.

f/2.8, 1/320sec, ISO 3200 at 24mm
f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 3200 at 160mm
f/2.8, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 24mm

While it doesn't look like shows are coming back in the near future, I continue to hold out hope that I'll be back at a venue before this year comes to an end.  I hope.  If you'd like to see the other photographs that I took that night, you can find my photographs of The Picturebooks at this link and my photographs of Monster Truck at this link.  While you're surfing around, don't forget to visit the websites of The Picturebooks and Monster Truck to find out more about them and their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment