Saturday 27 March 2021

Early Riser

It's been a few weeks before I've headed out for a sunrise.  Though the 'Day Job' comes with an early alarm, I am far from what you would call an early riser.  As the days get closer to Summer, the sun rises a little bit earlier every day, which means that with each day that passes, my desire to see the sun rise in the sky gets a little bit weaker compared to my desire to sleep a little bit more.  However, as I'm sure many people with young-lings at the house are aware, The Heir Apparent works on her own alarm and when she wants to wake up, she wakes up.  So, that's how I found myself awake a few minutes before the sun was due to rise this week.  After shaking loose the cobwebs, I noticed there was some cloud cover, but that it should have still led to a nice sunrise.  I packed up my gear and headed to a train station located close to me where I was hoping to grab a shot of the sun next to the tracks.  Sadly, my timing was a little bit off as I arrived with the sun a little higher in the sky than I had hoped.  I also had some cloud issues as there ended up being a huge shelf of clouds that swallowed the sun moments after it came out.  However, I was already there and the cloud cover was kind patchy after the shelf so I decided to stick around.  I think it made for two cool photographs.  The first one, taken at f/16, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 70mm had the warmth of the rising sun and with the second, taken at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 63mm, I tried to show the power of the sun as it broke through the thick clouds.  I've always been drawn to train tracks, I feel like they are the perfect photographic accessory.  However, they're also a dangerous place and I always make sure that there are no trains anywhere within my sight when I take photographs, often with someone watching out for me as well.  Safety first my friends, safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment