Tuesday 9 March 2021

Supporting Actor

Over the years here on the old blog, you've seen a wide variety of photographs of the bridges that lead to Montreal.  There is just something about these structures that draws me to them.  I heard their call again this past weekend as I headed down to the Jacques Cartier Bridge to catch the sunset.  I didn't quite find the view that I was looking for, but on my way back to the car I continued to keep my eyes open as I hate to go home empty handed.  I was watching the bridge through the trees when I came upon a little clearing.  The setting sun gave the bridge a nice glow that you can notice peeking through the branches.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/800sec, ISO 1600 at 41mm.  Maybe the bridge doesn't always need to be the star of the shot.  Here, it acts as a background piece next to the large tree and the nice blue sky.  It also serves as a little reminder to always keep your eyes open.  You may not find what you were looking for, but there's often something else out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment