Sunday 13 June 2021

Asian Lily

I know that April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, but I seem to be on a June flower kick here at The Old Blog.  One of the fun discoveries I made during our first year at the new Head Office was this terrific Asian Lily which ended up growing next to our storage shed outside in the backyard.  I took a few photographs last year, but after taking a quick look, I noticed that it has been growing pretty well and that it will certainly be back in bloom very shortly.  So, before I begin taking some new photographs of it, I had better use one of my old ones.  As I have mentioned over the last few updates, when I'm taking photographs of flowers, I am always looking for some fallen pollen.  With this particular flower, there was a large accumulation of pollen on one of the petals just below the stamen.  With such a find, how could I resist.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 67mm.  There were about 10 blooms that appear to be forming on the stem this year, so I should be able to get a few shots before it sadly dies.  It is without a doubt my favourite flower in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment