Sunday 27 June 2021

Say Hello To My Little Friend

The great Yogi Berra once said "you can observe a lot by just watching."  I am reminded of them whenever I stumble upon a happy surprise.  I had been observing the flowers at the cottage owned by My Lovely Assistant's father a week ago when suddenly I saw something that made me look twice.  It was this tiny little grasshopper, hanging to the petal of a rose bush that was located on the front of the property.  I've always got my camera in hand when I am walking around the property as there are always some nice flowers or insects waiting to be seen.  Never one to let such a discovery go undocumented, I knelt close to my little buddy, speaking in hushed tones so as not to frighten him and snapped away.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/100sec, ISO 3200 at 70mm.  He was smaller than my little finger, but it was a great joy to have discovered him

No comments:

Post a Comment