Sunday 20 June 2021

Dad Cars

Always looking for an excuse to play with my toys, I figured I could dig a few out of my past for a little Father's Day tribute of sorts.  It's weird the things that we end up remembering from when we were kids.  I don't remember much of what was taught in elementary school, but a Summer day from 1982 when my parents returned from a summer trip is burned into my memory.  As with most kids who grew up in the 80's, I had a nice collection of Hot Wheels cars.  Since I am a bit of a pack rat, I still have all of those cars in a bag down in the basement.  From time to time, I like to dig through them for a little trip down memory lane.  The first car I always end up pulling out is this red Ford Fairmont, which has admittedly seen better days.  It was given to me from my Dad as a returning from vacation gift.  The returning from vacation gift package was always one of my summer highlights, and this red car still takes me back to that time.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 1/25sec, ISO 100 at 70mm with some flash added as a fill light to counter the shadows on the side of the car, but at the same time, not eliminate the shadows from the sun coming under the car.  I also posed it with a few other relics from my magic bag.  Thanks for the car Dad, and for the many other gifts that I assure you I haven't forgotten through the years.  Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment