Thursday 24 June 2021

Free As A Butterfly

As 'The Plague' slowly seems to be lifting, and yes, I am wary about writing those words, all of the restrictions we have been living with are slowly lifting as well.  For the first time in 18 month, we were able to visit My Lovely Assistant's father the other day at his chalet near Val Morin.  While it was fun to see some familiar family faces in person rather than on a computer screen, I quickly found myself looking for my other favourite friends of the area, the wide variety of insects that fly around the yard.  While my little niece and nephew were trying to catch these little guys with their nets, I was trying to catch them with my camera.  They proved to be quite evasive of the little people with the nets, but seemed much more willing to stay still around me.  This little guy found a nice resting spot on this red flower and was enjoying a little snack when he raised his little head to smile for the camera.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  At the end of the day, the little people ended up with nothing in their nets, but I had several in my camera.  Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer wins again!  Better luck next time Little People.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment