Tuesday 29 June 2021

Peek-A-Boo

As The Heir Apparent would tell you, I've become quite the pro when it comes to the game of peek-a-boo.  As such, I can tell when someone is trying to peek-a-boo me.  I was watching a bunch of butterflies as they were hanging around a tree while at the cottage of My Lovely Assistant's father up North.  You may have seen another butterfly shot a short while ago, but if you've forgotten, or would just like to see it again, you can do so by following this link.  There was a large group of them fluttering around a tree next to the pool.  While I was trying to catch a few of them in flight, I noticed an orange wing peeking out from the top of the tree.  I took a closer look through the viewfinder and noticed that not only was the wing visible, but the little guy was staring right back at me through the leaves.  He might have even said 'I see you', though I'm not sure.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/800sec, ISO 3200 at 200mm.  A very pleasant surprise indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment