Tuesday 1 June 2021

Just A Few More Minutes

It's never a good idea to go on a photo-walk with a photographer unless you are one yourself.  What would be a simple 10 minute walk around the block can easily become an hour long outing.  Many long minutes can be spent looking at any particular flower, and a large amount of footsteps can be taken trying to find the right angle.  Even when you think you have the photograph you want, you still stick around because there just might be something else to see.  My Lovely Assistant has taken part in some of those outings, which has often led to me taking more of them on my own.  I've always been a solitary person, and being out with my camera hunting for a photograph is what fills me with joy and is my happy place.  This is one of those happy place photographs.  I had already taken the photograph that I wanted to take, which ended up being featured in the La Presse+ newspaper and can be seen by following this link.  I stuck around and moved to the other side of the bridge to get a silhouette shot from the other side, and I was fortunate enough to have a plane fly by.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Patience is a virtue, and something you need as a photograph, and something you need more if you plan on taking a walk with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment