Friday 4 June 2021

Memorial Geranium

We have this tradition here at the blog of marking certain days of personal importance.  On this day, we mark the second year since the passing of one of my biggest fans, Belle Mom.  We lost My Lovely Assistant's mother two years ago today and the shock of the suddenness with which it happened is still fresh.  Her favourite flower was the Geranium and there were always several pots of them around her house.  After her service, the family gave a small potted Geranium to everyone who attended as a memento.  It's also the same day that my Grandmother, Mémère, left us 18 years ago.  I seem to remember her having a collection of Geraniums in a flower pot next to her window at all times as well.  This nice close-up of a Geranium was taken at f/7.1, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 60mm using a Macro lens.  I really like those flower photos where you can see the smallest of pollen particles on the petals.  I guess I put up these photos on the anniversary of people passing away because it helps soften the blow of the day by seeing something that I know all of us would have enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment