Tuesday 20 July 2021

Archived Sunset

I've been spending a little time going through the archives the last few days.  Summer heat and I are not a good mix, so unless I'm out walking with The Heir Apparent, much of summer is spent in air conditioned comfort.  I took a look inside one of the sunset folders from a few years back and noticed a nice vertical shot that I hadn't used.  One photo from that set did get used though, and it aired on the CTV Weatherpix segment.  If you'd like to check that out, just follow this link.  Getting back to this photograph, which was taken at f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 123mm, I remember that I had climbed a snow bank in a parking lot close to the former Head Office in order to get a better view of the Biosphere.  I waited it out for the sun to get to just the right spot behind the buildings of Montreal which also led to a nice golden hue.  The original photograph was more of a close-up of the Biosphere, but I also like this one with the cloud cover as well.  Another nice photograph that ended up getting lost in the archives.  It's a nice cool place to visit and get away from the Summer heat.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment