Thursday 8 July 2021

Have You A Snack To Spare

I'm a fan of all little critters, but my favourite backyard critter has always been the chipmunk.  There were always a couple running around the yard at our cottage and I was always willing to share some bread or peanuts with them.  This little guy showed up while we were visiting my parents last summer.  They've always got some peanuts on hand for such visitors, so as soon as he showed up, I grabbed a handful of nuts and my camera.  I was using a telephoto lens so that I could remain far enough away from my little buddy so he wouldn't be scared off.  I would toss the occasional peanut in his direction, he would eat it, and then stand on his hind feet to see if any more nuts would soon by flying his way.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 1600 at 168mm.  He got a few more snacks before we left for home.  It's hard to find a good model that will work for peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment