Tuesday 13 July 2021

Sunflower Admirers

As we continue to roll through the month of July, the flowers continue to grow in the yard.  That means that there will be more photographs to take soon, so I had better go back into the archives and actually post some of the flower photographs from last year.  This is a sunflower that was growing at my parents house.  It was originally meant to be the star of the photograph, but as I was walking around to find a good view, I noticed that a couple of wasps were flying around, looking for some pollen.  However, these were some wasps that I had never seen before.  They had the same regular striped body that everyone is familiar with, but their heads and upper bodies were green.  I had never seen anything like that before.  I waited for both of them to land on the flower, which took a while because they seemed to always be trying to get rid of each other.  I guess wasps also annoy other wasps and not just humans.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  When you're walking around with a camera, you never know what you're going to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment