Monday 26 July 2021

My Kind of Dogs

I've been digging through the archives of late and suddenly realized that it has been a long time since any of My Lovely Assistant's creations have been featured here on The Old Blog.  I came upon these little chocolate dogies that she whipped up for her niece's birthday a few years back.  The bodies were made of little chocolate bars and Hersey Kisses were used for the heads.  The eyes and nose were edible sugar decorations while the ears and tails were other pieces of chocolate that were melted down and then reshaped into the necessary doggy parts.  As an added little touch, she had also created little birthday hats for all of them.  To get the photographs, I placed them on our cutting board to get a nice background and then angled myself so that it looked like they were all looking up at me.  For the second shot, the little party hats were added and I used a flatter angle.  Some flash was bounced off of the ceiling for both of the photographs. The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 65mm and the second photograph was taken at f/10, 1/20sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  While it may not have been a 'from scratch' creation, it was tasty none the less.  Though there were pretty cute, I don't believe that any of those little dogies ended up making the ride home with us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment