Sunday 22 August 2021

Daisy Day 2021

It's been a difficult year once again for everybody, but the camera, and days, keep clicking away.  August 22nd is Daisy Day here on The Old Blog, a moment to remember my Grandmother, Grammie.  Speaking of things clicking away, this marks the 10th year since she left, and I can't believe that it has actually been that long.  She would have been tickled pink to meet The Heir Apparent, and I like to think she would have continued enjoying all of my photography.  In the meantime, we continue to celebrate her memory here with the flower that I most associate with her, a Daisy.  The yard Daisies didn't cooperate again this year, but luckily they can be found just about anywhere.  I found this one with a nice collection of pollen and added a little extra flash for to help make the colours pop.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  Still miss you Grammie, hope you're enjoying watching all of this from upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment