Friday 27 August 2021

Lazy Summer Afternoon

Sometimes, when I take a moment to forget about how attached I am to my luxuries, I look at some of the creatures that live out in the wild and am a little jealous at how content they seem to be.  While on a forced march, I mean a nature walk, with My Lovely Assistant, I had noticed this Crane perched on an old piece of wood.  He was just looking at his surroundings, seemingly perfectly happy to just be there at that moment.  No need for cable TV, the internet, computers, cell phones or even cameras.  Just spending his days flying around, enjoying the views and eating some fish.  It seems like a wonderful existence, until I get back home and am reminded that I don't like fish, I enjoy cable TV, the internet and especially cameras.  The photograph was taken at f/8, 1/1250sec, ISO 400 at 200mm  For that one moment, I do wonder what it would be like to be a bird just sitting on a piece of wood.  Seems like a good place to be on a lazy summer afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment