Thursday 19 August 2021

Photograph Everything

Despite all of the time spent on the computer, I am not always up to date on all things.  For instance, I only just found out that today is World Photography Day.  Every day seems to be 'Something Day', but since The Old Blog is all about photography, I guess I should post something on a day that is dedicated to it.  You're used to seeing all kinds of wonderful things here.  I have shot fireworks, concerts, weddings, sunrises, sunsets, insects ans about anything else I can think of.  But, some of my favourite photography moments are often taking something that people don't usually bother to look at, and making it look nice.  I haven't said it lately, but an early mantra that was often repeated here was 'photograph everything'.  So, that is what I try to do.  While I am out looking at the fireworks and sunsets, sometimes something will catch my eye.  Such as this dead, dried out weed.  I got up close to it, positioned myself in front of the sunset, used a large aperture to blur out the background and shot away.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/100sec ISO 1600 at 200mm.  What better words for World Photography Day than 'photograph everything'.  Even if it's just some weeds, you never know what might develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment