Sunday 27 October 2013

Between A Rock And A Hard Place

I had a week of vacation back in August and I had the great opportunity to visit Ottawa and also spend some time at a cottage near Mt. Tremblant.  I spent most of that week with my camera in my hand and as a result, it's been almost two months since my week off and I'm still nowhere near finished with processing all of those photographs.  While going through some of the photos I have yet to display, I stumbled upon some that I had taken of this little flower.  Despite the fact that it was stuck right in the middle of several large rocks, it had managed to grow into an eye-catching beauty.  I noticed it while eating lunch and decided to later take a couple of photographs.  I guess I was impressed by the fact that despite it's surroundings, the flower had managed to persevere and grow. The first photograph was taken at f/5, 1/400sec. ISO 100 at 80mm.  With this photo I wanted to show the harsh surroundings that the flower was growing in.  The second photograph was taken at f/5, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 140mm.  I felt that this photo better shows off the flower, but still has enough of the rocks to describe where it was.  I also liked the little shadow that the flower has cast against the rock.  One difference between these photographs and others that I have taken is that these were taken with a telephoto lens.  I took these photos while trying to track a dragonfly.  You'll see him here soon as well, but I was rather impressed with how well the lens captured the details in the rocks and the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment