Friday 11 October 2013

Teach Me How To Tie A Sailor's Knot

I like to think that I have an eye for details.  Those little things that we see every day, yet never take the time to notice.  These are the things that I like to photograph because I find them to be interesting.  Such as this dock ring.  I took this photograph while on vacation in Mt. Tremblant on a dock at the cottage where we stayed.  This dock was also used in another of my photos I displayed here in February that went on to become a favourite of many people who saw it at my exhibition.  I shot this photograph with a large aperture in order to blur the background and put all of the focus on the ring.  I like how the light hits the ring and the little rust stains on the wood.  I almost cropped out the dark end of the wood that's in the lower right-hand corner of the photo, but decided to leave it as I felt it added something a little different.  I shot this picture at f/5, 1/1600sec, ISO 400 at 50mm.  I usually shoot this kind of photo at f/2.8 or f/4.  In this case, I wanted the background of the photo to be blurred, but not so much so that you wouldn't see the lines in the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment