Thursday 3 October 2013

Giant Tree Hugger

It's really fun to take photographs of odd things.  Take this one, for example.  I giant set of arms wrapped around a large tree.  I took this photo in the town of Frelighsburg.  I was there to visit the annual Festiv'Art, a festival of local artists that takes up most of the center of the town and is very well attended.  In the past, I've considered sending a submission of my work to them, but I've often chickened out or been to cheap to pay the application fee.  That might change one day.  Back to this photo, I caught sight of this tree and my imagination went into overdrive.  I'm sure there is some kind of link between this tree decoration and the art festival, but allow me to entertain you with my interpretation.  This is a historical re-enactment of what happened one night when a Giant drank a little bit more wine than he should have (the blue sign reads 'Route Des Vins'...translated it mean The Wine Road) and decided to ride his bike back home.  One wobbly turn led to another, and BANG, right into the tree he went.  Hey, I thought it was a funny story and that is all that matters.  This photo was shot at f/5.6, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 38mm, and the story was created by my imagination.  I hope you enjoy them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment