Wednesday 30 October 2013

Happy Halloween

 People getting dressed up in spooky costumes and then getting free candy.  What's not to like about Halloween.  It's easily one of my favourite days of the year despite the fact that my Trick or Treating days ended over 25 years ago.  The spirit has lived on though, as at the day job they allow us to dress up for the day and I've been known to walk the floor with my trusty little skull and leave a trail of blood or two on the floor.  The classic Halloween image is the Jack-O-Lantern and this is one that you can probably find on the lawn of your neighbour.  I had to play around a bit with different exposure times in order to get the orange to be just how I liked while keeping the star effect from the light in the big pumpkin's hat.  This photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1sec, ISO 400 at 52mm.  So keep your eyes open on the night of the 31st as there are bound to be a countless number of spooks out there, all looking for some chips and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment