Tuesday 1 October 2013

A Little South Of Heaven

This past Saturday was the annual visit to go and pick some apples.  Our orchard of choice is the Verger Petit et Fils in Mont Saint-Hilaire.  They have great apples and even greater apple donuts which are cooked on site.  There's a couple of reasons why I like our annual apple picking trip.  First is because the apple orchard is a great place to take photographs.  All kinds of different colours, shapes and sizes.  Second, it means that in my very near future, My Lovely Assistant will be making some very tasty treats with the apples that we picked.  Getting back to the first reason, some of you may see this photo and be reminded of a similar shot that I took last year.  It's kind of the same subject, but presented in a different way.  My older photo shows the lonely apple, abandoned on the side of the road.  This new photo shows the lonely apple, on the ground and separated from all of the other apples still hanging up in the trees.  Who knew that apples could feel so lonely.  This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/1600sec, ISO 100 at 38mm.  Now if you'll excuse me, there's some tasty apple crumble in the fridge that is calling my name.  I told you that there would be tasty treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment