Wednesday 10 January 2024

Dessert Is Served

We're a little more than a week passed the New Year and things are starting to get back to normal.  My Lovely Assistant was particularly busy over the holidays, whipping up a wide variety of seasonal desserts and treats.  I don't think that my blood sugar has returned to normal levels just yet, but it was impossible to resist everything that she made.  The piece de resistance was a Gingerbread House that proved to be very popular with The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  It was also very popular with all of the other little cousins.  It didn't take very long before the house went from looking like it did in the first photograph, which was taken at f/3.2, 1/100sec, ISO 25600 at 55mm to something that looks like it got hit by a tornado.  I wanted to make sure that I got in as many of the little details as possible, so I added a second photograph which was taken at f/3.2, 1/125sec, ISO 25600 at 33mm and can be found at the bottom of the page.  The Heir Apparent also had a hand in the creation of this Christmas Treat as she was in charge of placing the gumdrops on the roof and the chocolates that went around the roof.  As for myself, other than taking the photographs, I was also on the quality control team, so I had to taste some of the extra pieces of gingerbread, as well as help get rid of the non red and green M&M's.  It was a hard job, but someone had to do it.  It's a good thing that I was on quality control, because as you can see in the photograph on the right, there was nothing much left after the tornado had hit.  I don't think that the two little gingerbread people you see standing in front of the house were ever found.  I sure hope that they are okay.  Hopefully you all had a very tasty holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment