Monday 1 January 2024

Starting The Year With A Bang

Another year, another fresh slate, another year of photography ahead of us.  What better way to get things going than with some bright lights and loud noises.  I still didn't get around to shooting any of the fireworks shows in 2023 as I chose to use my away from home time on other things.  It's also a bit of a hassle to get to my favourite shooting spots for the annual summer competition in Montreal.  Which is a shame because before we moved a few years ago, I had about six different locations that I would use, all of which were within walking or biking distance from home.  Luckily, I always took lots of shots at these shows and as a result, the archives still have some that have not yet been used.  Such as this one, taken at f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Photographing the fireworks from the deck of the Jacques Cartier Bridge was a disaster the one time I tried, but I always loved getting the bridge in to my shots of the fireworks.  Especially from this angle where you could see the people on the bridge.  So, away we go with another year of my photographic adventures.  This will be Year 12 for The Old Blog, and at some point we'll be posting our 1500th update.  Happy New Year to all of you out there, lets see what this year will develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment