Saturday 13 January 2024

They Say It's Your Birthday

As if the Holiday Season wasn't filled with enough events, My Lovely Assistant has a birthday that takes place a little after the New Year, which means that they party never stops over here at The Old Blog.  As we have already established, with the variety of meals, deserts and theme treats that have been featured here over the years, she is a whiz in the kitchen, and those talents don't rest on her birthday.  I had planned on buying something for the day, but was told not to as she was going to bake a cake with The Heir Apparent.  As usual, I get off pretty well in these situations as I get to enjoy the final results without doing any of the dirty work.  Since the Christmas lights were still up at that point, I decided to use them once more for a background as I find them much more interesting than any of the walls or black cardboard background, that I could have otherwise chosen. They also provided some nice reflections on the table below and around the glass ring of the presentation pedestal plate.  While My Lovely Assistant was in charge of most of the work, the placement of the little sugar candies did fall to her sous-chef, and The Heir Apparent was rather proud of her work, especially seeing the close-up of her little star that you can see in the second photograph.  As for The Crown Prince, he enjoyed singing Happy Birthday and then getting his portion all smooshed up between his fingers.  The first photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/40sec, ISO 3200 at 70mm.  At this rate, my blood sugar level won't get back to normal levels until September.

No comments:

Post a Comment