Sunday 6 December 2015

Colour Injection

It's been a rather grey month of December.  For the record, the month of November wasn't very colourful either.  So, while we wait for some snow to arrive, I thought you might all enjoy a little injection of colour into your internet lives today.  Since today also happens to be my Mom's birthday, I thought it would be appropriate to dig out a photograph from the archives from her old flowerbed.  My parents recently moved into a new house with a large yard so I'm thinking that I might have some new flowers to photograph next year.  These flowers are from a few years back and one of those photographs that I intended to post, but then got lost in time.  I guess it works out for the best.  I now get to use them to help celebrate my Mom's birthday, and as I mentioned, to give you all a little dose of colour.  This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/2500sec, ISO 100 at 45mm.  I've always been a fan of having blurred backgrounds in my flower photographs.  Especially when the backgrounds have lots of colour in them.  To achieve this, I try to focus on a flower that has a either lots of other flowers behind it or to a side.  I then move so that the flowers that I want in focus are near the bottom of my frame, use a large aperture and snap away.  This one worked out pretty well.  Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment