Wednesday 16 December 2015

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

I guess you could say that I've had a love/hate relationship with this little guy over the years.  When I was younger, I enjoyed watching as they would struggle to find their way into the various bird feeders that my mother would have set up around the house.  Now though, I've grown to like these little buggers a little less as over the last two years they've found their way into the little garden that My Lovely Assistant has worked on and have managed to get away with various cherry tomatoes, red peppers, raspberries, large tomatoes, cucumbers and even watermelons that we've tried to grown.  Well, the crops are long gone, but these guys are still scurrying around.  This one in particular was hanging around the yard, looking for various things to snack on.  I'm not sure if he thought he was going to find another meal on our steps, but if that's the case, he was surely out of luck.  I can't really say that I felt that sorry for him.  But, I figured the least he could do in order to pay for the food he had eaten was to pose for a few photographs.  I snuck my lens through the openings in our curtain and snapped away while he ate.  The first photograph was taken at f/5, 1/50sec, ISO 400 at 200mm and the second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/50sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  I admit it, I wouldn't have minded shooting him in a non-photographic way, but since that's not really legal, I limited my self to making little 'bang' noises in my head while taking these photographs and thinking of all of our lost fruits and veggies.  I hope that he enjoyed them.


No comments:

Post a Comment