Wednesday 30 December 2015

Sun Sets On 2015

Another year is about to come to an end.  Last year I ended things off with a sunset, and it seemed like a good idea to do so once again.  This is another shot of the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  I live right near it and it ends up being a favourite model of mine in the Spring and late Summer when the sun starts to set.  It was taken at f/5.6, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 80mm.  I must admit that there is a little trickery involved.  I used Photoshop, specifically the Curves tool as well as Color Balance, in order to add a bit of punch to the sky.

It's been a good year here on the Blog.  I had my photography exhibition back in March, and also posted all kinds of different photographs for you all to see here.  I managed to get my camera in to a few more concerts this year, as well as taking it to a couple of free shows outside as well.  For the first time, I managed to photograph every one of the La Ronde Fireworks Competition shows in July from a different location, and I shot some winter fireworks down at the Old Port in January as well.  Got in to a few hockey games to snap some of the action on the ice, and also got out to a couple of football games this fall.  The year got off to a good start thanks to my ice fog photograph down by the Victoria Bridge.  It ended up being featured on CTV news back then, and is currently on display at the Saint-Lambert Library, though it will only be there for one more day.  In between, there have been the wide variety of bugs, lights, car parts, some food and even a Blood Super Moon.  I guess you could say that I kept my camera busy this year, and that's a good thing.  Thanks to all of you who stop by to read the words that go with my photographs.  Thanks also to My Lovely Assistant for having the patience to sit through some of my photography sessions, be they in frigid temperatures or bombarded by loud fireworks explosions. Also for giving me the kick in the pants that I sometimes need in order to go outside and get some of those shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment