Wednesday 23 December 2015

Merry Christmas To All

I had been hoping to put up a nice snowy Christmas photograph, but Mother Nature decided that snow wasn't in the forecast.  So, I decided to try and create my own little Christmas image.  I grabbed a little Santa Claus that has been sitting on our television and a porcelain Christmas tree that lights up.  I placed them both on the floor, a good distance from each other.  I then grabbed a flashlight from the drawer, put a little wax paper on it to act as a diffuser and gave two quick blasts of light to Santa, one from low on the left and a second a little higher on the right.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 15sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  The large aperture allowed me to blur the lights of the tree, as well as to get the reflection of the light on the floor.  Using the two quick bursts from the flashlight allowed me to get enough light on my Santa during the long exposure, without the light overpowering the rest of the image.  It was a fun little project.  Speaking of fun, I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment