Sunday 20 December 2015

Roll The Dice

This is one of my favourite photographs that I took during the Saint-Lambert Classic Car Show this past May.  So, naturally, I waited about six months before finally putting it up here on the blog.  This car was an El Camino and the owner obviously liked to roll the dice a little bit as he had some fuzzy dice over the rear-view mirror, but I was more impressed with the dice he had installed on the lock for the front door.  I tried to frame the photograph in a particular way so that the dice on the would be in focus, and the background would be blurred.  I didn't want the background to be blurred so much that you couldn't make out the details in the dash, so I moved in real close to take the photograph, but still used a small aperture.  I also tried to keep a little streak of the green of the car in the bottom of the frame to add a little slice of colour.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 1600 at 52mm.  I'd kind of like to think that this car had been won on a bet and had made several visits to Las Vegas or Atlantic City, but that kind of fiction should best be reserved for another kind of blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment