Thursday 18 February 2016

Chilling Sunshine

As previously mentioned, I wanted to have a brighter sky for my ice fog photograph.  I had originally planned on returning Sunday, but there was very little steam on the river.  I woke up early on Monday and checked the traffic cameras.  There was all kinds of fog showing up on the video.  Moving at a speed that I'm not known for so early in the morning, I was quickly out the door and headed back to the river.  I was on the shores of the St. Lawrence in about 10 minutes.  Only one problem, there was so much fog that it was blocking out the bridge.  I ended up watching the steam roll over the river and tried to time my shots so that I could grab a photograph while the steam was low enough to see the structure.  As a result, you can make out the bridge in the back of my photograph, while I also managed to keep some of the big clouds like at the right of my shot and the one going through the third stone pier of the bridge.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Much happier with this photograph, but there was still one little surprise waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment