Thursday 11 February 2016

Something You Don't See Every Day

If you were to take a little stroll through my photography archives, you might find yourself coming face to face with some fairly interesting, and strange, things.  That's where this photograph comes from.  It was taken last summer while visiting with My Lovely Assistant's family.  I was trying to get a photograph of her little niece, but at that moment in time, she wanted nothing to do with the camera.  So, I decided to play around and took this photograph of her little doll.  I had recently gotten a telephoto lens and decided to give it a little action.  It's getting released into the world now because I figured with Valentine's Day about to happen, this would probably be the only time of the year that I could release a photograph of a doll sitting inside of what looks like a giant set of red lips.  Strange things indeed, but when your human model doesn't want to smile, you have to improvise.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/6400sec, ISO 3200 at 200mm.  Yes, all of these years later, and I still find myself taking photographs at ISO 3200 in bright sunshine.  Here's to hoping that I manage to kill that little habit in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment