Tuesday 16 February 2016

Everyone Knows It's Windy

We went through a cold spell this past weekend.  I believe the weather dipped to -36 Celsius with the wind on Saturday.  A temperature that sends most people, myself included, running for cover.  Though not before making a run to the river to try and get a photograph.  I've long been a fan of steam coming off of the river in really cold times, and this was an ideal day.  I took what ended up being a popular photograph last year that even ended up being shown on the local news.  I had always kicked myself about not taking a photograph from the other side of the bridge, so that was my cold mission.  I was a little late to leave, and the sun decided to hide behind a cloud just before my departure.  Being a sucker for punishment, I still made the drive.  I took the photograph at f/10, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  I think I managed to capture the 'coldness' of the time, but I still felt a little bit empty about the photograph.  The seed was planted in my head, I would have to return.  Would I have any success?  Tune in next time to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment