Monday 8 February 2016

Classic Oldsmobile

I'm not really a 'car guy'.  I like to drive, but I couldn't tell you anything more about my car than what year it was built, and I'd probably get that wrong as well.  What I am is a 'detail guy'.  I love going to old car shows to see the cars, but they generally don't photograph very well due to all of the people there to look at them, and the cardboard signs in their windows explaining to people the year and make of the car.  I prefer to zoom in and get photographs of the details on the car.  The lights, the grill or the logos.  Such as the front grill of this classic Oldsmobile.  This brand is always of interest to me as it reminds me of my Grandmother, who drove an Oldsmobile for many years.  I took this photograph at f/9, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  When I saw this front grill, I thought it might make for a cool photograph.  The kind that a 'car guy' might like to hang in their den.  See, that's why we need 'detail guys' as well.  Now if only this 'detail guy' could remember to bring a pad and paper with him next time so that he can remember a few more details of what he is photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment