Sunday 21 February 2016

Ghosts On The Water

This would be the last of my little ice fog trilogy from the last few days.  This is one of those photographs that you don't expect to get and then thank the heavens that you happened to be in the right place at the right time.  As previously mentioned, when I arrived at the Victoria Bridge there was more ice fog on the river than I had thought.  While walking around and looking for a good angle, I looked over the water and caught the sun rising into the steam.  I just thought it was a terrific view.  It took me a few tries to get the proper settings, and I must admit to a little colour manipulation in Photoshop, but I really like the final results.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  The intensity of the sun in the fog is what grabbed my attention, but they way the sun lights up the rest of the fog on the water is what really grabs me.  Like a bunch of ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment