Monday 1 February 2016

Napoleon's Cousin













Back in November I introduced you to a visitor that My Lovely Assistant and I had back around Christmas 2014.  His name was Napoleon, and sadly, he didn't live to tell others of the great times he had with us, or what wonderful hosts we are.  Or so I thought.  A few months later, I came upon another corpse.  Thankfully, it still wasn't a human corpse, but rather another insect that looked exactly like out Christmas visitor.  This guy, who I'm guessing is Napoleon's cousin, ended up meeting his end in a slightly more spread out pose than his cousin, so I decided to crop his obituary photograph in a more widescreen form.  This photograph was taken at f/8, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  The sun was nice and bright when I took this photograph.  It was taken on my window sill, but thanks to some tight focusing and a Macro lens, you could never really tell.  I still think it's a little bit weird to be photographing dead insects, but it's also much easier than trying to photograph live ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment