Thursday 19 January 2017

Before The Big Bang


I often show up early when I go out to photograph fireworks in order to make sure that I get a good spot.  Another reason is because it's good to have a little bit of extra time before everything starts to explode to make sure that everything is properly focused and framed as you'd like.  While I'm doing these things, I'm often taking photographs in order to make sure that everything is how I want it to be. If I have been smart enough to choose a good location, this can also result in some bonus photographs to add to my collection.  These photographs were taken back on Christmas Eve when I was getting ready to photograph some fireworks.  The first one was taken at f/16, 25ec, ISO 100 at 28mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 28mm.  I used a wide angle so that I could get both a traditional style shot and a wide crop.  Though I was there for fireworks, the lights of the city were just as nice as the fireworks that happened later that night.  By using a wide crop, I was also able to get everything from the old grain silos to the clock tower from the Old Port, while also getting all of the skyscrapers from downtown.  Kind of the old, and modern eras of Montreal coming together as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment