Wednesday 4 January 2017

Winter Wonderland

After watching some fireworks, My Lovely Assistant and I ended up heading up north to spend some time with her family.  Their cottage on a lake has provided some nice summer photographs.  This time, the lake is frozen over and instead of leaves the trees are full of snow, but I think the scene is just as peaceful, if not more, than it does with waves on the water.  Though the trees are bare, I enjoy looking up on the mountain and seeing the snow on the ground, as well as the snow covered evergreens just above the lake.  The photograph was taken at f/13, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 145mm.  I played around with different shutter speeds in order to get just the right colour in the trees while keeping the white of the snow.  Looks like a cozy winter scene.  All that is missing is a fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment