Tuesday 17 January 2017

Christmas Flower

They say that it is always better to give than to receive.  This update has a little bit of both of those.  This year for Christmas, My Lovely Assistant got a Candy Coloured Amarillis as a gift and it just recently went into bloom.  Of course, this meant that I had to grab my camera and capture some of its awesome colours and then pass along the photos to all of you.  The only problem was that for several days after blooming, the sun was nowhere to be seen.  Instead of some natural sunlight, I brought out my flash and bounced some light  around the room, trying to bring out the colours, while also capturing the details of the flower as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/14, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  Here are a few more photographs.

f/7.1, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 68mm

The colours were what initially grabbed my attention, but I think my favourite little detail is on the third photograph.  If you look way down in the bottom left-hand corner of the photograph, you'll see just a little bit of yellow pollen that remained on the petal when I lowered it a little bit for a clearer shot inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment