Thursday 26 January 2017

Needing Some Colour

I've often made mention of the large collection of photographs that are laying dormant in my hard drive.  This veritable land of misfit photographs continues to grow, though there are times when some of my photographs end up there on purpose.  Over the summer month, things here get very busy.  There are always a large variety of classic cars, fireworks, insects, outdoor concerts and other events that end up on these pages.  As a result, sometimes I push some of them back for a later time.  I do this often with flowers.  I enjoy photographing flowers because of their bright colours and distinctive parts.  I sometimes think that they get overlooked in the summer, so I like to save some of those shots for days like today.  I don't know about the weather in whatever part of the world you may be reading this is, but over here, it's been more than a week since we've had any real sunshine.  Days like today could use a little colour, and that is where these flower photographs come in handy.  This particular flower, a Forget-Me-Not (or Myosotis) was taken at f/2.8, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  It is really no bigger than a penny, for those of you who remember what a penny is, but getting up close with a Macro lens really brings out the colour, as well as the little 'teeth' just about the yellow center and the little spots of pollen over the petals.  A little something to chase those greys away.

No comments:

Post a Comment