Monday 23 January 2017

Packard Hood Ornament

This past weekend, the annual Montreal Car Show began and my little brother was kind enough to offer me a ticket to the event.  I kindly declined the offer as I wasn't free, but the occasion did serve to remind me that I still have a ton of car photographs parked in my hard drive, just waiting to be taken out for a spin.  The particular photograph has been one of my favourite shots that have been collecting dust in the garage.  It's the hood ornament of a late 1930's Packard automobile.  I failed to get the exact year the car was made as this was taken during my visit to the Saint-Lambert Classic Car Show when I failed to either take notes or photograph the information car displayed on the windshield.  I had taken the same photograph from the other side, but didn't like the background.  I quickly noticed that if I moved to the other side, there were lots of trees, which would make a nice green background for my shot.  There's also a blurred out silver light post back there that I like as well.  Kind of looks like a beam of light going up to the sky.  As an added bonus, the red from the car parked next to to reflected in the wings and body of the hood ornament giving it a nice added red glow.  The photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/1000sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I'm sure the car show would have been fine, but I'm also pretty sure that there wasn't anything this cool on any of the cars on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment