Monday 9 January 2017

Hidden In The Trees

There are times when things don't end up going as planned.  I had several other photographs prepared to be posted today, but made the fatal mistake of closing Photoshop before everything was saved.  To make matters worse, I didn't even realize it until I had already written a different headline for this post and was looking through my folder to find the photographs.  Nothing there.  After the pit in my stomach began to settle, I remembered that I have a rather large reserve of photographs to deal with, so I quickly went back to my recent Val Morin photographs and found this one.  Originally, I took the photograph because of the cottage in the upper left corner of the photographer.  I hadn't even noticed the cottage in the bottom right until after I had gotten home and began looking a little close at what I had.  The photograph was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 150mm.  I really like the way that the empty trees look while covered in snow.  Same with Evergreens with snow covering them.  It's a look that just says 'Winter' to me.  Now if you'll excuse me it's back to try and recover those other photos that never got saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment