Thursday 9 August 2018

Montreal International Fireworks - For Your Eyes Only

All good things must come to an end, and last night was the final show for the 2018 L'International Des Feux Loto-Québec.  The final show each year always has a special theme, and this year it was For Your Eyes Only - A Tribute To James Bond.  The fireworks were accompanied by a soundtrack of famous songs that have appeared in various James Bond films over the years.  Such hits as For Your Eyes Only, Live And Let Die, A View To A Kill, Skyfall and Goldfinger.  Putting on the display was Rozzi Fireworks from Ohio.  They have been producing fireworks since 1895 and have twice won Silver Jupiter Awards here in 1992 and in 2005.  I actually didn't stick around for the entire show as there was rain in the forecast.  The rain began to fall around 7:00PM, but after a quick look at 9:30PM, it seemed to only be a slight drizzle.  Since this was to be the last show of the year, and I had a new spot that I wanted to try, I headed out into the night.  Sadly, the good luck I've been having avoiding rain over the last few weeks ran out and the weather got progressively worse as I pedaled to my site.  About fifteen minutes into the show, and completely soaked, I gave up, packed up my wet gear and headed for home.  I was still able to get some nice photographs, but the humidity caused the smoke to stick around, obstructing my view of the bridge and parts of Montreal.  I'll have to try that spot again next year when the weather is a little better.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 42mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 27mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took of the show.

f/16, 10sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

The third photograph is probably my favourite explosion that I captured this year and in the fifth photograph you can see some people on a passing boat taking in the show under their umbrellas.  For the sixth, I cropped the photograph tighter on the smaller explosions behind the Monster roller coaster ride since the smoke was getting thick.  I kind of liked the way it turned out, so it gets a spot here on the blog.  The competition may be over for 2018, but I've got one last recap update to go.  We'll see it up here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment